Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"Chain of Command" by BangUno
Date :6/12
- Chain of Command -

I am a deserter, and I'm proud of it..

It went wrong, it was just wrong. Our campaign to the south has been a wreckage. Just a month ago, We had this emmissary from the south, his name is Jayadharna from the Jayakatwang Clan. He brought news of a certain plague that rose in the land of the South, Noo-San-Ta-Ra, a tropical place that is far from our northern Peninsula. This plague turns dead body into a living undead and upon the full moon, they arose again from the earth.

The king of Koguryo sent us, The Koguryo Army, while several clans of the Three Kingdoms also participating in the campaign to eradicate the evil of the south using our Holy Eternal Ice from the Artic Mountains.

We were naive, very naive. Little that we know that this is not a plague, this is an evil doing of some powerful ancient witch named Mak Lampir who resides in the Javanese Mountain of Merapi.

Upon landing of the island of Sumatra, our entourage made a huge camp to establish our presence within the local people. The villagers welcomed us as heroes from the north.

I am a warrior, heading a platoon of the Koguryo Army, responsbile for 10 troops under my jurisdiction. I was blessed with a skill to spot traps that no one in the kingdom has, something that only the General of the army and myself know.

On our second day here, i sensed something strange with our General, he ordered us to hold a feast with the locals, and i was surprised to find that all of us were partying hard  that night. I didn't join them, I was busy checking the map of this island.

In the morning, everyone was asleep, alcohol on the streets, soldiers were drunk, and i'm heading to the general's tent. Just before I enter the tent, I heard the general talking to someone, and I peeked.. The general is talking to a strange looking Old Witch! The witch said, "It is the time, slaughter them all!"

Rush of blood streaming inside me, Panicked, I went to my troops camped, alerted them quietly while they try to regain consciuousness from the alcohol.

I casted the Spot Traps spell, only to find the camp is already surrounded by enemy, we are being ambused. There is only 1 wayout, through the river, we have to swim across it

"The General must be under the spell of that witch, if i'm not careful, we will all die here" My mind telling me

"Go to hell with the Chain of command, I will bring my troops out of this massacre!" So i decided.

In a short period of time, our platoon is gone, across the river, while I can see black smoke has arise from our camp..our compatriot must have fallen in the ambush.

I am a deserter, but i will fight back in this foreign land. There is no way for me and my troops to go back to our northern land, without the locals noticing us.

And here we are in this harsh truth, we have to fight back the witch alone.

May the power of the four totems with us. For we will never give up to bring peace upon the land.

- BangUno -